Saturday, May 31, 2003

Well, it's been a long time since I posted anything to this blog. Not sure that I have anything worthwhile to say now, but I'll give it a shot nonetheless. I tell you what, there's nothing less motivating to bear your soul in writing than to read a series of freshman comp critical responses. I'm being unfair, though. There were a few responses that were thought-provoking and perceptive, but man, if I have to read one more reference to an essay as a "story" or a story as an "essay" or an essay as a "book", or see Mark Twain referred to as "Mark" ... well, enough ranting. There's really no point.

With my long absence, I guess a bit of news is in order. I am currently the proud father of a 4 month old beauty named Madalynn Rose. She's my third child, second daughter, and quite a handful. She smiles all the time now, and today I think I heard her laugh for the first time. We got out the Johnny Jumper today and put her in it for the first time. She loved it, for a little while at least, and we got some great video of her in it. Once again I have a little angel in my life reminding me what it's all about.

I'm having trouble keeping my own eyes open, let alone yours, so I'm calling it a night.

No comments: